Monday, July 28, 2008

Gentle Rebukes

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend . . ." so says the book of wisdom. True of course, because it's in the Word -- and experientially true and a bit stinging as well. I know because I was on the stinging end of a rebuke by my buddy Willio who rebuked me for not keeping up with this blog. I first thought, "Nobody reads this thing anyways, so I can take a break if I want." As I expressed that to him, my young protege suggested to me that maybe if I were a bit more "provocative" then more folk might read and respond. Ouch! And did I mention he is "younger." So much for respect for one's elders. Anyways, having licked my "wounds" I am now committed again to picking up my pen and getting after it.

As for the provocative part, I'm not sure how that's going to play out. I'm a lot of things, but "provocative" may not be one of them. I will however do my best to write interestingly and helpfully with the aim of challenging all who read to be biblically-based in their thinking and Christ-centered in their faith. So, I sign off for now thankful for my time off, excited about being back, and happy that I have a friend who loves me enough to rebuke me!

2 comments:

  1. Anthony, I called you the other day to ask the very same question...Why haven't you been posting on your blog young man?! I think there may be some providential motivation from the Lord going on here?

    Glad to hear that someone has prodded you to continue! Miss you brother, Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete