Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Gratitude

On this Thursday millions will gather together to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. For many, it will be a time for food, family visits, laughter, and entertainment. Folks will have a good time giving thanks for what they find important in their lives.

As I think about what I'm going to do this Thursday, I'm reminded of what really makes this holiday a holy-day for me. It is the fact that my sins have been forgiven by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. That's what I am supremely grateful for. It is the reality that on Calvary Jesus Christ took on Himself my sins and bore the wrath of God in my place. I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful that the perfect life that Jesus lived made Him an acceptable and perfect sacrifice which was received by God making atonement for me. I am so grateful.

In Christ I now have everything -- everything pertaining to life and godliness, and for that I am thankful. O' what a Savior. He has brought me to God by sealing my pardon, healing my diseases, rescuing me from the pit, lavishing me with covenant love and tender mercies, and satisfying my soul with His own presence. Jesus will be the centerpiece of the table upon which I dine tomorrow. For it is His sweet sacrificial love for me that makes me so thankful.

So yes, I'm certainly going to enjoy food, my family, and some football, but all of that will pale in comparison of my enjoyment of being right with God through my Savior Jesus Christ. And I hope that as Christians we will all be reminded of the blessed benefits of our great salvation.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Pastor Kidd, you are a blessing to so many people. May blessings be multiplied upon you, your family and the ministry that God has entrusted to your care.

    DeAntwan

    ReplyDelete